Eric Hanson, Graphics Initiative manager at Intel, wound up his year as chairman of the Folsom Chamber of Commerce board of directors and welcomed the 2012-13 leader, Robert Flautt, president of Folsom Lake Bank, at the chamber luncheon March 29 at Lake Natoma Inn.
Rebecca Moirao, owner of RelyLocal.com, and Folsom’s Leading Young Professionals 2012-13 chair, awarded a $500 Lois B. Young scholarship from FLYP to Danielle Hanzalik, a graduate of Folsom High School who is currently studying at UC Berkeley.
Eight people were honored with awards this year:
• Ambassador of the Year: Chad Bowman, lawyer, Bowman and Associates
• Volunteer of the Year: Robert Newhouse, Fat’s Asia Bistro bartender
• Business Partner of the Year: Walmart, Keith Johnson, general manager
• Chairman’s Awards: Dan Haverty and Sen. Ted Gaines
• Wall of Fame: Steve Miklos
• Community Champion: Dr. Thelma Scott-Skillman
• Visionary of the Year: Harry Elliott III
Three members joined the board of directors: Marc Chan, The Healing Station; Candy Harper, attorney, Trainor Fairbrook; and Gloria Wright, Tri Commercial, manager of Palladio.
Flautt told the packed audience that during the coming year the board will concentrate on “value-added” measures for members of the chamber, relocating the chamber office that is now housed in the historic railroad depot and developing a long-range plan for the chamber’s signature fundraiser — the Folsom Pro Rodeo.