Folsom Chamber of Commerce presents annual awards
Eric Hanson, Graphics Initiative manager at Intel, wound up his year as chairman of the Folsom Chamber of Commerce board of directors and welcomed the 2012-13 leader, Robert Flautt, president of Folsom Lake Bank, at the chamber luncheon March 29 at Lake Natoma Inn.
Rebecca Moirao, owner of RelyLocal.com, and Folsom’s Leading Young Professionals 2012-13 chair, awarded a $500 Lois B. Young scholarship from FLYP to Danielle Hanzalik, a graduate of Folsom High School who is currently studying at UC Berkeley.
Eight people were honored with awards this year:
• Ambassador of the Year: Chad Bowman, lawyer, Bowman and Associates
• Volunteer of the Year: Robert Newhouse, Fat’s Asia Bistro bartender
• Business Partner of the Year: Walmart, Keith Johnson, general manager
• Chairman’s Awards: Dan Haverty and Sen. Ted Gaines
• Wall of Fame: Steve Miklos
• Community Champion: Dr. Thelma Scott-Skillman
• Visionary of the Year: Harry Elliott III
Three members joined the board of directors: Marc Chan, The Healing Station; Candy Harper, attorney, Trainor Fairbrook; and Gloria Wright, Tri Commercial, manager of Palladio.
Flautt told the packed audience that during the coming year the board will concentrate on “value-added” measures for members of the chamber, relocating the chamber office that is now housed in the historic railroad depot and developing a long-range plan for the chamber’s signature fundraiser — the Folsom Pro Rodeo.