Cameron Park’s sunny, busy summer
The summer activity guide is currently available at the Cameron Park Community Services District office, 2502 Country Club Drive, as well as online at cameronpark.org.
Recreation and education
• Summer camps: We are offering a wide variety of summer camps to keep your kids busy and active, while school is out. Kids Summer Day Camp allows the children to participate in a wide variety of activities, highlighted by an exciting field trip each week. Week 1 (June 4-8) is Fun in the Sun; Week 2 (June 11-15) focuses on Discovering Gold; Week 3 (June 18-22) goes From Here to There; Week 4 (June 25-29) is Visit Heroes.
The Mad Science Camp is a weeklong camp (June 11-15) focusing on the wonderful and interesting world of science. Participants will discover fascinating things about science through a number of different cool and fun activities. This camp is held at the community center.
• Sports camps: Girls Basketball Camp is June 18-21 and held at the Community Center Gym. Girls in fifth through ninth grade play from 10 a.m. to noon;first through fourth grade play from 1 to 4 p.m. Challenger Soccer Camp is the week of June 18-22 at Christa McAuliffe Park. Times are 9 to 10:30 a.m. or 9 a.m. to noon, depending on age.
• Dance camps: If dance is something you’ve always wanted to try, or something you’ve been doing for years the Cameron Park CSD has dance classes for you. Our youth dance camps are held at the community center include Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Musical Theater and more. Dance camps begin the week of June 26. There’s no better time than now to get the kids ready to boogie.
• Art camps: Do your kids love art? Do your kids love beautiful colors? Are your kids creative? If you answered yes to any of these, then one of our art camps is calling your name. We are proud to offer many art programs this summer, including: Watercolor Painting on June 11; Mural Painting on June 25; Visual Arts Camp during the week of July 23-26; and Fine Arts Camp during the week of July 9-12 .
• Horse camps: We are offering three camps for children who love horses. No matter their skill level, there is a camp for them. Whether it’s the Kiddie Horse Day Camp (June 5-7) for the youngsters or the Equestrian Day Camp (week-long camps offered beginning June 11 for the older kids) or Into to Ponies (Mondays beginning June 18) we have something for everyone.
For a complete listing of classes and activities we offer please check out our activity guide or visit us online at cameronpark.org.
Short URL: http://www.villagelife.com/?p=21711This story falls on page "2"