Don’t know if you are aware of a grassroots effort by the Shingle Springs Community Alliance (headed by Lori Parlin) to get three initiatives on the November ballot in El Dorado County.
We are attempting to get control from the El Dorado County Board of Supervisors and developers in El Dorado County back to the people with these initiatives.
They are this simple:
1. Remove the Community Region Lines from El Dorado County so that the BOS cannot make the Highway 50 corridor into a high-density stack ‘n pack urban sprawl.
2. Reinstate the original Measure Y restores the original Measure Y passed by the people in 1998. The BOS will no longer be able to (with four-fifths vote) change traffic levels.
3. Keep current zoning makes BOS look at land use changed based on compatibility rather than favoritism.
If we do nothing this is what is coming to El Dorado County: (Over 8,700 homes and hundreds of apartments)
• San Stino, (Shingle Springs) over 1,000 homes
• Lime Rock Valley (Hwy 50 and Bass Lake Rd) 800 homes
• Marble Valley (Hwy 50, Bass Lake Rd and Cambridge Rd) 3,236 homes
• Blackstone (Latrobe Road EDH) 2,840 homes
• Serrano Westside (EDH Golf Course) 763 homes, condos and apartments
• Pedregal (Gillette Dr. & Wilson Blvd, EDH) 56 homes and apartments
• Town Center West (EDH, White Rock and Latrobe) three-story building with 130 apartments
• Tilden Park (Shingle Springs) 14 homes; hotel; restaurant; food market; multi-level commercial building; 4,455 daily car trips added to Ponderosa Road and Highway 50
Let your voice be heard and give back the control of El Dorado County to the people and away from the current BOS and developers. You will be able to sign petitions at Pete’s Restaurant in EDH, Safeway in Cameron Park and Placerville and Gold Harvest in Shingle Springs.