Attic fire threatens EDH home
Quick response saves house
An attic fire briefly threatened the home at 3305 Tea Rose Drive in the Hills of El Dorado subdivision early Monday morning.
Firefighters from Station 86 on Bass Lake Road got the call at 1:46 a.m. and quickly responded, according to Battalion Chief John Niehues. They identified the source of the fire shortly after they arrived, pulled down the ceiling in the area and entered the attic on ladders to extinguish it.
The fire was seated near the chimney, which makes a late flue fire a likely culprit, according to Niehues. Damage was limited to a couple of roof supports and the ceiling.
Engines from Rescue and Cameron Park were also on the scene, as were Niehues and Chief Dave Roberts.
Niehues credited the residents for early detection, which kept the fire from spreading. Firefighters left the house inhabitable, he said.
Short URL: http://www.villagelife.com/?p=15726This story falls on page "1"