News

Ballot drop off box moved

By From page A1 | October 17, 2012

Voters will find the 24-hour ballot drop off box in a new location for the Nov. 6 election. The box has been moved to the south west side of the roundabout located in the Building C parking lot.  Signs in the lot at 2850 Fairlane Court will direct voters to the new location.

The ballot drop off box has been in place since 2008 when Recorder-Clerk/Registrar of Voters Bill Schultz took action to make it easier for voters to turn in their vote by mail ballots by installing a refurbished postal mail box. The bright white color adorned with the county seal and labeled “Ballot Drop Only” is a familiar site to voters. Voters can drive or walk up to the box and deposit their voted ballot.

“Over 4,400 voters deposited their ballot in the drop off box for the June 1012 Primary and we expect that number to increase for November,” said Schultz. “It’s a real convenience for voters and no postage is required.”

The drop box is emptied on a regular basis and all ballots accounted for.

Press Release

Leave a Comment

Discussion | No comments

Search


  • Recent Posts

  • Recent Comments

  • Follow Us On Facebook

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2017 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.