Connections – One Stop offers services for mature job seekers
Approximately 40 percent of adults living in El Dorado County are age 55 or older and this percentage is expected to increase. Many of these individuals continue to stay active in the job market or are actively seeking employment. To assist these individuals, the El Dorado County Connections – One Stop is expanding its outreach efforts through their Mature Job Seeker Assistance Program. The Mature Job Seeker Assistance Program provides free assistance and support to older people looking for a job in El Dorado County.
“People age 55 and older have unique employment needs,” said Sarah Schmudlach, Manager of El Dorado County Connections – One Stop Employment Services. “Our program helps each person develop a custom plan just for them with specific strategies aimed at them getting a great job.” Free services through the Mature Job Seeker Assistance Program include:
- Help creating and printing resumes
- Paid work experience
- Access to job recruitment boards, computers, copiers and fax machines
- Tips on how to network and use social media
- Updating communication techniques for interviews
- Connecting hobbies, activities and non-work skills to new employment
- Encouraging self-confidence, adaptability to change and self-motivation
The Mature Job Seeker Assistance Program is operated at the Connections – One Stop offices located at 3047 Briw Road in Placerville and 3368 Lake Tahoe Blvd in South Lake Tahoe. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information call (530) 642-4850 in Placerville or visit edcgov.us/humanservices.