CSD offers Christmas tree recycling
The second weekend in January 2011, Christmas trees will be chipped at the El Dorado Hills Community Park during the hours and dates listed below.
The park is located along El Dorado Hills Boulevard between Harvard Way and St. Andrews Drive. This two-day program is offered free of charge by the El Dorado Hills Community Services District and El Dorado Disposal to residents living within the CSD boundaries.
Residents of El Dorado Hills should be aware that the only groups approved to collect Christmas trees for donations within the El Dorado Hills CSD boundaries are local Boy Scouts (Troops 454, 528, 529, 558, 645 and 728). Responsible alternatives for disposing of Christmas trees are listed below.
- Bring your Christmas tree to the Community Park between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m Saturday, Jan. 8, and Sunday, Jan. 9. A donation jar will be available in the tree drop-off area. Donations made at the Community Park will go toward the CSD’s youth recreation scholarship fund.
- Boy Scout troops will collect Christmas trees on Saturday, Jan. 8. A couple weeks prior, they will distribute envelopes door-to-door with instructions as to when and where to place used Christmas trees for pickup for the recycling program and a request for a donation. The Troops use donations to purchase gear (tents, packs, etc.) for troop activities, and as credit to attend the national jamboree for Scouts who participate in community service projects.
- Take your Christmas tree to the El Dorado Hills Recycling Center green waste bin at 4421 Latrobe Road, Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Deliver up to two Christmas trees per vehicle to the Material Recover Facility (MRF), 4100 Throwita Way, Diamond Springs (Highway 50 eastbound, right on Missouri Flat Road then turn left on Pleasant Valley Road; left on Highway 49 to Bradley Road, follow to Throwita Way), Jan. 3-16 during normal business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily.
- Leave curbside. Residential customers may also dispose of the Christmas tree by putting it out at the curb the night before green waste collection service, on yard waste collection weeks only. The tree must be cut into less than three-foot long sections and bundled with string or twine.
El Dorado Disposal will not collect Christmas trees left at curbside unless they are cut into three-foot lengths and placed in the green waste cart.
For additional information regarding the tree-recycling program call the CSD office at (916) 933-6624, or the Customer Service Center at El Dorado Disposal at (916) 985-1162 or 530-626-4141.
Short URL: http://www.villagelife.com/?p=2501This story falls on page ""