Discounts available for some traffic tickets
The Superior Court of El Dorado County is offering a 50 percent discount on some old, unpaid traffic tickets. It is a limited-time “amnesty program” for certain outstanding court debt. The discount would apply to the total amount due, including the base fine and any assessments, late charges and other fees.
The program will run from Jan. 1 through June 30, 2012, and is authorized by Assembly Bill 1358.
Only traffic tickets that were due and payable before Jan. 1, 2009, are eligible. Parking tickets, driving under the influence (DUI), and reckless driving cases are not eligible.
To qualify for the 50 percent discount, all of the following conditions must be met:
• An outstanding traffic case where the amount owed was due and payable in full before Jan. 1, 2009
• You either did not appear in court or did not pay in full
• The last payment made was on or before Jan. 1, 2009
• No restitution is owed to a victim on any case within the county where the traffic case was filed
• No outstanding misdemeanor or felony warrants within the county where the traffic case was filed
• Payment must be for the full 50 percent, in one lump sum, with secured funds.
Other eligibility requirements may vary from county to county. After Jan. 1 refer to the website at eldoradocourt/amnesty for more information.
Short URL: http://www.villagelife.com/?p=15417This story falls on page ""