May is Water Awareness Month — earn your Blue Thumb!
You can earn your Blue Thumb by using water efficiently in your landscape and taking the “Blue Thumb Pledge” at BeWaterSmart.info. It is fast and simple and by taking the pledge you can earn a free pair of “Blue Thumb” garden gloves. The measures include pledging to:
1. Quickly repair leaks and broken sprinkler heads;
2. Water your landscape early in the morning or late at night;
3. Add 2 to 3 inches of mulch around trees and plants to reduce evaporation;
4. Adjust sprinklers to prevent overspray and runoff; and
5. Use a shut-off control nozzle on your hose.
The Blue Thumb program is sponsored by the Regional Water Authority, of which EID is a member, and has partnered with the Green Gardener’s Association. A water education event will be held on Saturday, May 19, at local nurseries in and around our area.
The Front Yard Nursery has agreed to be the host for El Dorado County. They have drought-resistant and native plants available to beautify your landscape and help reduce water use. Come by and take the “Blue Thumb Pledge” or visit BeWaterSmart.info to learn more.
Short URL: http://www.villagelife.com/?p=20531This story falls on page "7"