Public invited to Zoning Ordinance meetingsWarning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /www/villagelife.com/html/wp-includes/option.php on line 85
El Dorado County has scheduled a series of meetings to collect public comment on the Targeted General Plan Amendment and Zoning Ordinance Update.
The environmental scoping meetings were announced following the Board of Supervisors approval of the Notice of Preparation for the Targeted General Plan Amendment and Zoning Ordinance update on May 15.
The Notice of Preparation formally states the county’s intent to prepare an Environmental Impact Report for the Targeted General Plan Amendment and Zoning Ordinance update. The purpose of scoping meetings is to request public feedback on the range of environmental issues that should be analyzed in the Environmental Impact Report. State law requires the scoping period to last 30 days, and a minimum of one daytime meeting for public agencies and citizens to comment on the project scope.
“There is a lot of interest in this project, so we are going above and beyond to collect feedback,” said Assistant Chief Administrative Officer Kim Kerr. “We have extended the comment period to 45 days, created an online comment form, and have scheduled an additional seven evening scoping meetings throughout the county.”
The public is invited to attend the following meetings:
• May 30: Union Mine High School Library, 6530 Koki Lane in El Dorado, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• June 7: El Dorado Hills CSD pavilion, 1021 Harvard Way in El Dorado Hills, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• June 18: Greenwood Community Center, 4401 Highway 193 in Greenwood, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• June 20: Pioneer Park Community Center, 6740 Fairplay Road in Somerset,6 to 7:30 p.m.
• June 21: Camino School old gym: 3060 Snows Road in Camino, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• June 25: Lake Valley Fire Protection District Station 7, 2211 Keetak St. in South Lake Tahoe, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
• June 27: Cameron Park Community Center, 2502 Country Club Drive in Cameron Park, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• June 28: El Dorado County Planning Commission, 2850 Fairlane Court in Placerville, 9 a.m.
Scoping comments will be due to the county 45 days after the Notice of Preparation is filed with the state. At the conclusion of the scoping period, the Board of Supervisors will consider the public comments before providing to direction to staff on the Environmental Impact Report. The public will have additional opportunity to comment on the draft Environmental Impact Report.
After it is filed with the state the Notice of Preparation as well as the online comment form will be available at edcgov.us/LandUseUpdate.
Short URL: http://www.villagelife.com/?p=21261This story falls on page ""