|

Alleged shooter in Nov. Folsom attack ID’d

Suspect Anthony Hernandez
Suspect Anthony Hernandez

Suspect Anthony Hernandez

The man accused of shooting a Placerville resident during a drug deal gone bad has been identified by the Folsom Police Department.

Anthony Hernandez, 18, of Elk Grove, is believed to have shot a 21-year-old Placerville man in the abdomen in November 2010.

The shooting victim, whose name has not yet been released, suffered non-life threatening injuries and was taken to an area hospital for treatment by an uninvolved friend, authorities said.

Folsom Police Department officers responded to a report of an abandoned vehicle at the intersection of Serpa Way and Fetter Court in Folsom shortly before 10 p.m. on Nov. 27, 2010.

The Placerville man’s vehicle was found in the middle of the road by a Folsom police officer, still running, with blood on the trunk and a strong smell of marijuana from the car’s interior, according to FPD officer Chris Hill.

Investigators tracked the shooting victim to a nearby hospital. The Placerville man told authorities he had been shot with a revolver by “Tony” from Elk Grove.

Hernandez was described as being a 5 feet 10 inches tall, 165 pound Hispanic male last seen wearing a red-and-black checkered jacket.

On Monday the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office issued an arrest warrant for Hernandez on charges of robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder. Although Hernandez was 17 at the time of the shooting, police said he will be charged as an adult.

Hill said Hernandez was not alone when the shooting occurred. The other suspected co-conspirator has not yet been identified. Individuals with information on the shooting or Hernandez’ whereabouts are asked to call the department’s criminal investigations division at 916-930-1098.

[email protected]

Short URL: http://www.villagelife.com/?p=3315

This story falls on page ""
Posted by on Jan 14 2011.
Last Login:
Filed under Featured Stories, News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Recently Commented

  • Tom: I feel very lucky to have had my kids go to Oak Meadow during Principal Narez’s tenure at Oak Meadow.
  • Ted Blass: Please see the 1st paragraph of the “No More Water” article above. It reads...
  • Shirley Johnson: You are highly misinformed. Not true. The water rights aren’t for the EDH residents it’s...
  • Jon: Don’t judge a book by its cover, but, oh my, he looks …….,
  • mark king: Repeal the illegal tax/fee. Repeal CalFire. Too much propaganda. El Dorado County was not devastated....