Soroptimists give back
Soroptimist of Cameron Park/El Dorado Hills held their annual Grant Awards on June 27.
These awards are funded by the proceeds of Chocolate Affair and represent the organization’s return to the community of the support received. This year the club gave in excess of $10,000.
The recipients of awards were:
• The Upper Room feeding the hungry in our county
• Friends of EDC Seniors for replacement of a color printer at the Senior Day Center
• Housing Emergency Lodging Program to assist placement and mentoring to families dealing with acute financial crisis and homelessness.
• Inside Out Hearts to Hearts provides an eight-week course in confidence, health and inner strength for women who have gone through support programs and life crisis situations
• Partners In Care helping those dealing with serious illness supported by the groups Thrift Store
• The Center for Violence Free Relationships provides services to domestic violence and sexual assault victims.
• United Outreach to help with the transportation needs of families struggling to work and care for school aged children
• Sierra community Access TV – Channel 2 offers a forum through which residents can develop involvement and interaction with educational, cultural, environmental, governmental and spiritual segments of the county.
• El Dorado Center for the Visually Impaired assists visually impaired adults.
• Mercy Housing – White Rock Village provides empowerment groups for women residents.
• Hangtown Hank to train, feed and care for canine that searches for the lost or missing.
• Twin Lakes Food Bank helps at risk kids with backpacks, school supplies, shoes, socks and dental kits.